HAPPY NEW YEAR!
|My new years eve party look
where do I start from? the fact 2011 went by so quickly or the part where I’m really grateful for life, family, friends? lol I don’t know but one thing I know for sure is Im grateful.
I’m really thankful to all my readers especially the ones that take their time out to read and comment on my posts and people who have followed my blog and constantly checked my posts. This blog is about 3months old but I’m glad I started this blog and I have the chance to reach out to you through my words/ pictures. There is certainly more to come so buckle up sharp sharp!This past year I’ve learnt so much about things and it will be selfish not to share the main points with you guys.
- First of all I’ve learnt to love; not that I never did or felt loved, but the fact that I have more appreciation for the people I love and that love me back. I am more open to expressing my feelings without deep regards for what I’d get in return. Most importantly I’ve learned to love myself, improve my self confidence, knowledge and worth.
- Although I learnt to love, I also learned not to accept bullshit of any sort; either from friendships, relationships built with individuals and things in general that might not help me in a not so positive way. I’ve grown to know my worth and there is always a limit to where one can take plain nonsense, never belittle yourself for anybody.
- I’ve learnt to forgive; forgive people who hurt me, which was also letting go of my pride; this was really hard because I understand forgiveness is me giving up my right to hurt someone/something for hurting me but I’m proud to say I did it, I know tons of people who hold grudges against themselves and the shit never got any better. if you cannot help worrying, remember worrying cannot help you.
- Slowly but surely, patience is really a virtue and I worked on my patience, still working on my patience; I cant stand people who waste my time till date but I’ve worked on my tolerance. I’ve realized that there is no worth when rushing into things, you get things fast, you loose it faster or appreciate it less.
- I’ve worked/still working on my business mind set, I get inspired/motivated by people with a great business intellectuals, that idea of being sharp, precise and smart about the ideas and decisions you make. It is one essential for me and anyone to have.
- I’ve learnt to be free!!! be myself, setting goals and reaching them and not making fizzy excuses(still working on that), speaking up for myself I cannot stress on this any further. It is such a great feeling when you go with your mind and do what you set out to do. I’ve also learnt to be free for others; helping when I can, if I can. Volunteers are not paid because they are worthless but because they are priceless.
- Lastly I’ve learnt to let go, let go of the things that do not matter to me or enhance me positively and hold on to the ones I know do. It’s a funny thing about life…if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.
For this year, I don’t have any resolution but I will progress further into it with more positiveness, creativity and love!
I cant wait to finish my degree toofor all of you who made 2011 a successful year…lets make it even more 2012I hope I didn’t type a long essay lol, I tried my best to keep it simple yet precisewhat did you learn?Once again I wish y’all a very happy new year.keep keeping onxoashi